Vitamin K is a group of structurally similar, fat-soluble vitamins the human body requires for complete synthesis of certain proteins that are prerequisites for blood coagulation. It is also important for controlling binding of calcium in bones and other tissues.
Inadequate levels of vitamin K2 can lead to arteriosclerosis, a condition in which arteries become hard and less flexible, and osteoporosis. These conditions are the result of excessive calcium in the blood rather than in the bones. Vitamin K2 is an excellent calcium regulator.
Vitamin K has been linked to osteoblasts, the cells that generate or lay down bone and produce a specific protein known as osteocalcin. Osteocalcin acts as the structural framework holding calcium in place in your bones, and Vitamin K is critical for producing osteocalcin protein.
What are the benefits of Vitamin K2?
- Vitamin K2 deficiency is closely associated with poor bone health and the calcification of blood vessels.
- Vitamin K drives calcium into bones and improves bone mineral density. It improves the absorption of the protein, osteocalcin (secreted by osteoblasts), into the bones by stimulating the carboxylation of the protein. Taking Vitamin K regularly reduces the risk of fractures and bone loss.
- This supplement is also very helpful for post-menopausal women.
- The other health benefits of Vitamin K include healthy blood clotting process, helps prevent hardening of arteries, and a higher insulin sensitivity.
- For best results, Vitamin K2 is taken along with Vitamin D3 as they work together synergistically to improve bone density and calcium.
Buy 2 bottles today for continued use, or better yet select the monthly subscription option above so you don’t have to worry about running out.
Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3 Combo
It is said that Vitamins D3 and K2 function as a great combo, and as natural partners. Whereas vitamin D promotes bone development by helping the body absorb calcium, vitamin K2 directs the calcium to the skeleton and bones, while preventing it from being deposited where you don’t want it to be (such as arteries).
Hence for the best results, take your vitamin K2 in combination with Vitamin D3.
- MK-7 menaquinone
- Base source: Natto
- Origin of product: Fermented (from plant seeds)
- No genetically modified material (GMO free)
- HPMC based veggie shell
Directions for Use
Suggested usage -
Orders placed before 2pm between Monday to Friday will be dispatched the same day. Orders placed after 2pm will be dispatched the following working day.
Standard 2-day delivery is free for all orders above £25.00. For orders below this, we charge £2.50 per order.
Express Delivery is free for all orders above £40.00. For orders below this, we charge £3.00 per order.
All orders in the EU are shipped via 3-5 day standard delivery. Shipping is free for all orders above £40.00. For orders below this, we charge £4.00 per order.("Except Portugal & Belgium")